Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Believe Me, I Know

K, so not a whole lot has been going on right now, so i figure i'll post some things i've written for, well, whatever.
So, this first one, is a poem i wrote before i realized how lame free verse is, it does develop some rythm though which is why i like it.
Jungle
It's a journey we all must take,
For some, it's a cave, a desert, an ocean
Mine, is a jungle.
Too afraid to climb trees,
I creep along the forest floor.
A Tigress
Camouflaged from my prey
My target is fast and hides easily
I must strike
Before it leaves me helpless
When I pounce
I change
No longer afraid, I'm left a new challenge.
A Bird
Young, not having left my nest,
I must try my wings
Let them strengthen and grow.
I must leap
Before I'm pushed into the real world
My wings catch the wind, and
I change
No longer carried or fed, one last challenge
A Snake
Skin hard and pale,
Ready to shed
But afraid to touch the rock.
I must change
Before I'm forced to lose myself in a new
I rub the stone.
Skin falling from me
I change
A woman
No longer looking over her shoulder
No longer shying behind other glories
No longer behind youth
Ready to move forward
To change
K so, that's that. now this one's more interesting. Cuz it was more something i thought would be interesting to do.
Dear Future Husband,
I love you, and there are some things that need to be said. I know there will be times when we fight, all relationships have bad times. But does that mean we sacrifice all the good times to avoid the bad? No. I love you. And although I can be stubborn, selfish, cynical, and sometimes downright mean--I can also be faithful, loving, warm, and even, sometimes, funny. You probably drive me crazy, with your weird little habits, quirks. But it's the little things I catch every now and then. The way you play with our kids, how you'll get me little trinkets, just to prove you're always thinking of me. The smirk on you face after you've made me laugh, the way you hold me, terrified I'll shatter on contact. We'll make plans to do things together, and things will get in the way. I'll be hurt when you say you have to stay at work a little longer, but don't worry, it'll make your home coming that much better. If I forget to mention how lucky I am to love you, know that it's on my mind, and I'm trying very hard to SHOW you.
-With all my heart, I love you
-Ellen Marie ________
Interesting huh? well, i figure, i should give ya something so there ya go!
-living in different worlds, under the same stars-
-Ellen Marie ________

No comments:

Post a Comment